Hello there! I’m honored that you are considering me to review your novel! I am currently OPEN to review requests. However, at the moment, I’m being pretty picky because I never take on more books than I can provide a thoughtful review. I try to allow 4-5 days to read and one day to process what I want to write. So, each book gets close to one week of my time and consideration.
All requests that make it clear that you have NOT read my review policy/list of acceptable review requests will be deleted. My time is important to me, as I’m sure yours is to you, so I’m appreciative when you take the 5 seconds to read my policy. I just don’t have the time to respond when you do not.
Things I Am NOT Accepting:
• self published novels: If your novel falls under that category, please do not send me a review request as I’m not accepting them for review. I’m all about indie presses and the freedom to self-publish but, at the current moment, I can’t be the person who reads through the slew of requests I get from self-published authors to find the gems. I pick self-published books on occasion from NetGalley, so if your book is listed on their site – please let me know with the information requested below.
• non-fiction requests
Genres I Read: I recommend getting a feel for what I read by taking a look at my review archive. I do read quite a variety of things but these are the genres I typically read.
• dystopian YA
• YA science fiction
• YA mystery
• YA fantasy
• fantasy fiction
• sci-fi fiction (limited
• mystery/thriller (cozy and hard-boiled)
What Forms I Will Accept:
• physical copy (ARC or hardcover)
• digital copies (I have a Kindle)
What Should You Include In Your Review Request To Make It Easier For Both Of Us:
• the summary
• the release date
• any relevant information (especially anything that shows why this would be a good fit for me based on what you see on my blog
• If you have a time frame for when you expect the review to be posted, please let me know that as that will greatly influence my decision and I will have to see if we can commit to that timeline.
What Happens If I Accept Your Book For Review?
Before sending me a review request please understand that by accepting or receiving a book, I do not guarantee that it will be read immediately or posted on the blog immediately. I’ve got an ever growing stack of books that I want to read and a pretty busy life. I will try my very best to read and review in a timely manner but it’s not always doable.
If the book is an ARC, I will try and publish the review on or around the release date and not before. I also reserve the right to NOT post a review of your book should I not feel comfortable doing so. This could be because I’ve run out of time, didn’t really have anything to say about it, etc.
I do try to post my reviews also on Apple Books, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Goodreads as well as this blog, but sometimes I DO get behind on doing that.
What happens if I didn’t enjoy your book?
All of my reviews will be my honest opinion and it is quite possibly that I won’t enjoy your book and my review will be clear on that. Please understand that I will not write a glowing review just because you sent me the book. That is not my policy, sorry. If you are not okay with the fact that a negative review could be written, I might not be a good fit to send a review request to. I spend time reading a book and I feel like I reserve the right to talk about that experience — even if it is negative. By sending a review request to me, you are acknowledging that a review may be negative, albeit respectful, and I would appreciate that your response to my review be gracious and not attacking.
In addition to reviews, what else are you open to?
• author interviews: depending on how I feel about the book, I am open to the possibility.
• guest blogging: I am interested in guesting blogging on OTHER blogs and I will accept guest bloggers with topics I am interested to and that are relevant to my site.
I am NOT open to:
• promo blitzes
• cover reveals
• anything spammy
• posting about your book when I have not read it
• paid reviews on my site
• guest blogging that is not relevant to my site.
Where should I contact you with my review request?
If you have followed my guidelines and your book falls under my things I’m requesting and you have NOT heard from me, I apologize but sometimes I’m not apply to respond to every request. I really do try though as I’m very honored you want me to read YOUR book! I accept free copies of books in exchange for my honest review of the work and posting of that review.